Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Magufuli faces Anne Kilango, six months after he sacked her



PRESIDENT John Magufuli yesterday visited the Speaker of the National Assembly, Mr Job Ndugai and former Union First Vice-President and Prime Minister John Malecela at their residences where they are recuperating following medical treatment. Flanked by the First Lady, Janeth Magufuli, the president wished the duo quick recovery so that they could proceed with their normal duties and responsibilities of building the nation. Mr Ndugai thanked Dr Magufuli for visiting him and enquiring about his condition. He further thanked him for closely monitoring his health status when he was receiving treatment in India. The National Assembly Speaker came back home recently from India where he was receiving treatment. “I have been very much comforted …and I want to state clearly that since I fell sick, I have been receiving telephone calls from the head of state inquiring about my health condition. Today he has paid me a visit on behalf of all Tanzanians… I want to thank him and pray that he continues with his kind heart in visiting people who are facing various problems,’’ he remarked. Mr Ndugai assured Tanzanians that his health was responding well to treatment, adding that he was now capable of discharging part of his duties, asking Tanzanians to continue praying for him. Mr Malecela also thanked the president and Mama Janeth for visiting him, adding that he was doing fine. He expressed gratitude to the team of doctors who were treating him. “My health is improving to a large extent. I want to thank you and Mama Magufuli for visiting me at my residence,’’ added Mr Malecela.

No comments: